Sunday, December 13, 2015

Liturgical Living

Something I have wanted to do for many years is to incorporate feast days into our daily lives. The saints and their stories are so helpful in raising children today.....Tonight we celebrated the Feast Day of St. Lucia. We read a neat story, and learned about the traditions associated with this day. The kids thought that we should make our neighbor some lucy cats so tomorrow I will grind wheat with our nutrimill and we will make the traditional little wheat buns with crosses on them. For supper we had Swedish food even though the story taught us she was not Swedish but Italian. If you would like to learn more about St. Lucy the book is available on amazon and I highly recommend it Lucia, Saint of light by Katherine Bolger Hyde with Illustrations by Daria Fisher. The picture I am including is Margaret, baby 7 of 9 dressed up in our version of St. Lucy. I had this cute little white gown and we put her hair in braids and incorporated our pretty Christmas tree lights for fun:)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Billings, MT
I love capturing memories....what more can I say~ www.beuniquephotography.com